Laboremus is a fintech company in Uganda offering KYC and KYB solutions to financial institutions and other clients. The difference between the haves and have-nots in a modern economy is access to credit. Laboremus builds tech solutions that allow banks and fintechs to make credit accessible to anyone, anywhere, anytime. We build next-generation digital infrastructure that banks and fintechs use to accelerate innovation and roll out credit products. At Laboremus, we have a brilliant and self-driven team of developers, product managers, and advisors. We give you both the freedom and responsibility to innovate and create work that makes you stand out. Since we started in 2013, we have delivered solutions for banks, asset management firms, and fintechs in East Africa and Europe, notably in Uganda working with 29 supervised financial institutions and the Central Bank.
Following the second round of equity funding the company is looking for an experienced and ambitious Senior Sales B2B executive to rapidly grow revenues for their expanded suite of products.
WHAT YOU WOULD DO
You will work with the technical Sales team to convert high-potential customers from our existing portfolio into multi-year, high-value contracts. You will create bespoke customer propositions based on a deep relationship and knowledge of their needs and internal processes, and you will be an expert at closing. As a result of the sales growth you will deliver, you should expect to hire and manage your own sales team and prove your suitability to be our future Regional CRO. Concretely, your responsibilities will include:
- Create new business opportunities to fuel Laboremus' growth.
- Develop proposals and hold product demos.
- Represent the company at conferences, speaking events, and trade shows.
- Build a solid revenue pipeline by setting product discovery meetings with key decision makers.
- Develop a clear written proposal to include sales quotes and a summary of ROI and company efficiencies due to products and services.
- Discover customer requirements and communicate those requirements to engineering and product development teams.
- Research and build new and existing accounts through comprehensive lead-generation efforts.
- Develop a database of prospects and target clients with complete contact information using our CRM platform. Maintain accurate and complete records, activity, and reports.
- Become an expert in our client's overall value proposition, needs, and services, and understand customer approval processes.
- Conducting and managing the acquisition of thorough market research to generate high-quality leads and identify key competitors.
- Evaluating emerging technologies in the Fintech space, providing thought leadership and briefings for clients as appropriate
- Be responsible for closing the sale, setting timelines for implementation, and following up on the agreed timelines.
- Consistently achieve quarterly and annual sales targets
- Perform analysis of inbound and outbound prospect business and engage with these prospects by phone and/or email.
- Generate and promote lead-provoking emails to prospects.
- Coordinate and schedule sales appointments per month.
- Actively and effectively respond to inbound inquiries regarding our products.
- Articulate and evangelize the vision and positioning for the SaaS solution to prospects.
- Develop a deep understanding of both the customers and competitive landscape, enabling a business dialogue to be conducted with C-level contacts and their teams.
- Drive creative business development activities to identify new customers.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an excellent salesperson, someone with strength in relationship building and establishing partnerships, taking ownership, and coming up with creative ideas on how best to bring value to the customers. In a perfect world, you bring the following:
- Minimum 4+ years of B2B Solution Selling software and related solutions, including transportation or logistics, content, or other related technologies and services.
- Able to describe in detail my personal role in systematically growing key account sales.
- An expert in combining sophisticated relationship building with structured account management, ROI calculations, and lead generation.
- Charismatic and able to work directly in person with customers, decision-makers, and key stakeholders.
- Highly ambitious – driven to achieve challenging career goals by working collaboratively to drive high company revenue growth.
- Graduate, probably already studying for MBA or equivalent.
We welcome applications from candidates returning to the workforce after an absence/working gap, and those who are interested to take up opportunities in leadership.
WHAT WE OFFER
Apart from a fun, fast, and meaningful working environment, we offer:
- Competitive salary and incentives possibility to earn equity and bonuses.
- Excellent growth opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits package, incl. health insurance, lunch, airtime allowance, access to salary loans, and more.
Are you the one we're looking for?
Does this sound like you? Apply now!