We are looking for a passionate and skilled Mobile Application Developer to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about mobile platforms and translating code into user-friendly apps, we would like to meet you.
As a Mobile Application Developer, you'll collaborate with our internal teams to develop and maintain high-quality mobile applications in a fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you should be able to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications
Laboremus Uganda creates financial technology solutions for clients in East Africa and Europe. We help large banks, financial institutions, and start-up banks get digital. Leveraging our expertise, we also bring financial technology to the underserved: alone and in partnership with others. We believe digital financial services should be tailored, simple, and accessible for everyone.
Laboremus Uganda is part of the Laboremus Group which was founded in Norway in 1996. Today, the group has offices in Norway, Serbia, and Uganda.
At Laboremus, we only employ the best. Our team consist of brilliant developers, project managers, business analysts, and consultants. The team in Uganda works closely together with our teams in Norway and Serbia.
We will challenge you, and make you solve complex, real-world problems. We give you both the freedom and responsibility to create work that make you stand out. We continuously invest in your personal development through training and certifications, in addition to offering health insurance, personal loans, and daily lunches on our rooftop.
We also offer competitive salaries, 6 months training in Norway, extensive training and opportunities for certification, health insurance, and numerous social and motivational events.
And most importantly: we offer the most intense foosball games you've ever experienced!
About the role
- Develop clean, reusable, and testable code with performance in mind.
- Collaborate with developers, designers, project managers, testers, and consultants to build complex software solutions for the financial sector.
- Collaborate with teams in our sister companies in Norway and Serbia to create great software solutions.
- Grow as a professional through our training, workshops, and exchange programs with our sister offices in Europe.
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release, and support).
- Produce fully functional mobile applications writing clean code.
- Write unit, integration, and UI tests to identify malfunctions.
- Apply the latest mobile UX trends to design usable applications.
- Liaise with the product development team to plan new features.
- Ensure new, and legacy applications meet quality standards.
- Research and suggest new mobile products, applications, and protocols.
- Stay up-to-date with new technology trends.
Some of the technologies we work with
- Android, iOS
- Kotlin, Java, React Native, Objective-C, Swift
- SQL Lite, Firebase
- Google Play (store), Apple's App Store
In order to join our team, we have some requirements we need you to meet in order for us to know that you are most definitely one of us!
You Must have :
- At least two years of related working experience as a mobile developer
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the App Store or the Android market
- In-depth knowledge of one of the programming languages like Java or Kotlin
- Knowledge and working experience with SQL Lite, REST API, JSON, and XML
- Experience with developing software using OOP principles
- Have a working understanding of UI design practices including Material design, wireframing, storyboarding, UI mocks, responsive design
- Proficient knowledge of code versioning and peer review development tools such as Git
- Good communication skills
- Desire to grow as a software engineer /passionate about learning to improve yourself and teaching.
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Ability to work efficiently/effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform in a team environment
It's Nice if you have:
- Experience working with continuous integration and delivery tools
- Experience working with Agile and Scrum
- Experience building software for financial services providers or related field
- Passionate about solving big problems in the fintech and financial inclusion
- A university degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or any engineering field
We might ask you to send more details or do a presentation on projects you have worked on in the past. Due to the high number of applicants we receive, we will only contact candidates selected for interviews.
Application deadline has passed.